|WHY BE AN IN-FLIGHT CHEF|Take your career to a new height by joining us as an In-flight Chef working on board in our First Class zone. As an award winning airline, we recruit the best chefs who have proven experience and a desire to achieve and exceed guest satisfaction. This is your chance to do what you do best whilst flying all over the world.
Working in First Class, youâ€™ll have the opportunity to oversee and manage all kitchen operations while ensuring that our guests receive impeccable service and quality while they dine.
If you are interested in a chefâ€™s role with a difference, read on and apply now to join our team.
|WHAT YOU WILL DO||
You must exceed our guests' expectations onboard and deliver great service 100% of the time, whilst offering a unique taste of United Arab Emirates hospitality â€“ cultured, considerate, warm and generous. You will oversee and be accountable for the catering loading and food quality in First Class. As requested, you may also need to participate in duties at the catering centre, in Etihad lounges and at corporate, PR and VIP functions.
|MINIMUM CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATIONS||
To become one of our award winning In-flight Chefs you will need to meet the following criteria and qualifications:
- Qualified Chef , experience in 4/5 star hotels, fine dining establishments or cruise liners.
- Minimum age 21 years.
- Fluent in English; verbal, written and comprehension. Fluency in another language is an advantage.
- Must be confident in water and be able to swim with the aid of a flotation device.
Able to reach 210cms without shoes.
- No tattoos that would be visible whilst wearing the Etihad uniform (bandages and cosmetic coverings are not permitted).
- No body piercings that would be visible whilst wearing the Etihad uniform, other than one earring in the lower lobe of each ear for females only (bandages and cosmetic coverings are not permitted).
- Educated to a minimum level of accredited secondary education or equivalent
- Never convicted of a criminal offence.
- Excellent personal presentation, style and image.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to comply with UAE and GCAA visa, medical and health screening requirements.
|WORLDWIDE ASSESSMENT SCHEDULE ||
|If you meet all of our criteria and you don't want to miss out on a great career and exciting lifestyle, apply now!
Check the WORLDWIDE ASSESSMENT SCHEDULE section of our Etihad Careers website for details of where and when we will be in the next few months. This is updated on a regular basis.
We look forward to meeting you soon.
If you are coming to an OPEN DAY, print the Registration Form at the bottom of the page, complete it and bring it with you together with a copy of your Current CV, 2 Colour Passport Photographs (white background), 1 Full Length Photograph. Should you meet the criteria during registration, you may be required to stay for the whole day and asked to return the next day for an interview.
|IMPORTANT - WEB BROWSER INFORMATION|You can not use an iPad or Mac PC with the Safari web browser. The web browser is not compatible with our system. If you do, you will receive an error message stating that the job is no longer available.
The only web browsers that are compatible are:
Internet Explorer (version 8 and above)
Google Chrome (version 24 and above)